Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Simplicity

~10 Beautiful Gifts~
1. church music - the kind that really stirs your soul
2. christmas lights in dark rooms - twinkling their happy story
3. old books of poems - like holding history
4. sisters - the friends that are so close they are your family
5. alarm clocks - I would never be on time for class without it
6. notecards - the perfect thing to slip into peoples books for sweet surprise messages
7. rainbows -  to show beautiful things come after the storm
8. little hands - holding tight to show childlike faith and trust
9. God-things - little moments of "wow my God is awesome"
10. quite times - for pure thinking and a time of Shalom



A crazy weekend that ended in one of the best God-moments. 

I was so stressed out with the beginning of this semester and other things that were going on, I felt I couldn't take it anymore.  I was at a breaking point, and let myself break.  It's at these moments that God is so close.  He calms my spirit and gives me His perfect peace.  I began to see how God is never failing, and is my steady rock.

Sitting in church with an uplifted heart, I was shown again how amazing my Father is.  A side passage that was mentioned during the service and just gave me the hope I needed. 
James 1:4
Perseverence must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

My God is giving me that perseverence so that I can be complete, and exactly what He wants me to be, not lacking anything.


Here's my heart Lord, take and seal it.  Seal it for Thy courts above.

No comments:

Post a Comment